Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Watch: Research presentation on gender roles and the nature of relationships in yaoi, yuri, and heterosexual manga

If you didn't get a chance to come to my research presentation, I've uploaded the recording, and it's now available to view at this link.  The only thing I ask is that you don't share the video unless you're directly linking to this blog post and including my name and school (Alison Rapp at Augsburg College), and definitely do not re-upload the video to YouTube or similar sites.  The research in this presentation is serious business, and being that I haven't published my paper, or presented at a large conference yet, I'd like for people to be able to locate and contact me, the researcher.  My admission to graduate school, and maybe my entire career, could depend on the proper dissemination (see: academic journals and conferences) of this work, so don't make it difficult for me, yeah?  ;)

One more thing to keep in mind: This presentation was based on the first draft of my paper.  Furthermore, my paper is a sort of working paper, which means I'm still in the editing process, and am looking for feedback.  I plan on submitting the paper to either the National Communication Association or the Central States Communication Association by the end of summer/early fall, so if you have any comments, suggestions, or concerns (about the presentation, I mean), please share them!

Enjoy!

No comments: