Monday, June 21, 2010

Pics from the annual URGO BBQ

So apparently, every year, Augsburg's Office of Undergraduate Research and Graduate Opportunity (URGO) holds a BBQ at Dick and Sandra Olmsted's beautiful house/property (estate?) in Vadnais Heights, MN.  Being the introvert I am (I know, I know, it's hard to believe, but nothing relaxes me more than a good book read alone, in silence), I was being a little bitch about going (not to mention their house is forever away, and I've already used up all the money I budgeted for gas this month--something I was not alone in worrying about), but I'm SO glad I did!  Sandra remembered my sister, Cherish (actually, she remembered a lot about her--what classes she took, when she got married, etc.), and I got to spend some quality time with Erica (who's studying symbolism in fashion), Alex (who's writing etudes for learning musicians), Becki (who's studying the historical/literary context and implications of the Victorian quarterly, The Yellow Book), Andrew (who's studying something I can't remember) and the rest of the gang.  It's pretty cliche to say "good times were had by all" (not to mention, doesn't it sound a little grammatically incorrect?), but it's SO TRUE. 






Now, onto Tuesday (and GRE prep), and then Wednesday (and my second presentation).  HUZZAH!

2 comments:

David Lapakko said...

I'm an introvert too--let's go on a trip somewhere, stay in separate-but-nearby towns, totally ignore each other, and, if we must, drive back in the same vehicle after a week or so.

David Lapakko said...

I'm an introvert too--let's go on a trip somewhere, stay in separate-but-nearby towns, totally ignore each other, and, if we must, drive back in the same vehicle after a week or so.