Tuesday, March 23, 2010

わあ。。。

私は、今週忙しいですね!

Wow...I'm so busy this week.  And actually, for the next...forever weeks.  But the next five, in particular.

I never imagined my junior year would be so hectic.  I always thought "my senior year will be the worst--I can manage until then," but christ almighty, things are crazy!  CRAZY!

As the year comes to a close, I have to wrap up:
+my International Business independent study (massive paper on business and culture)
+Homemade's 2009-2010 year
+my URGO research on the archetypes of femininity in The Legend of Zelda series
+a difficult Persuasion paper (see: mini research project)
+plans for my summer 2010 URGO grant (huzzah!)
+Student Government's 2009-2010 year (can anyone say Exec. Board evaluations?)
+my Communication Studies Keystone (terrrrmmmm pappperrrr)
+Zyzzogeton (presenting my Legend of Zelda research)
+three scholarship applications (one of which is HUGE and super duper important)
+and a whole plethora of other things I'm pretending I don't have to worry about (Japaneeeeeese!).

But I can do it.  Have faith!  Lend me support!  If you see me in passing, make sure to yell out "You can do it, Ali!"

Oh, and did I tell you?  I got a 2010 summer research grant from URGO (Augsburg's Office of Undergraduate Research and Graduate Opportunity)!  I'll get $4000 for ten weeks of intensive research.  Mega-cool. 

AND: I submitted a paper to the St. Thomas Undergraduate Communication Research Conference.  Still waiting to hear back on whether it was accepted or not.  Wish me luck!

One more thing: I sent in an application to the National Communication Association's Lambda Pi Eta honors society.  If they accept my application, the Augsburg Communication Studies Department will officially have a LPE chapter!  Sweet, right?



So that's that.  It's getting late, and I haven't had a moment's rest today.  Maybe I'll stretch, or read some manga to unwind before bed.



I can doooooo thiiiiiis!

No comments: