Sunday, December 6, 2009

No, I Am a Cat's Thanksgiving entry...two weeks late

For the last couple years, Mitch and I have had the chance to eat not one, but two delicious Thanksgiving dinners!  This year, we spent Thanksgiving day with Mitch's dad's family (and the evening with his mom's side).  Friday was spent with my parents.  Like all other turkey-eating U.S. Americans, I gained what felt like hundreds of pounds that weekend (and most of the poundage came from fatty, but oh-so-delicious wintery foods).

We didn't go around the table(s) listening to what everyone is thankful for, but that doesn't mean I haven't thought about it.  Here's what I'm thankful for this year:

Mitch.  He's one cool dude.

(Mitch, with his cousin Leah)


My ultra-supportive parents.  Neither of them went to college, but they're adament about making sure I get a quality education.  I know a lot of people don't have that kind of support, so I'm thankful for mine.

(From right to left: Bob, Mom, and me)


The Comm. Studies Deartment.  Mitch might call this brown-nosing, but if they hadn't taken a chance on little ol' first-year me, I wouldn't have the super-awesome-fun job(s) I have now.

(Kristen, my professor/URGO adviser/work buddy extraordinaire)


Per.  He can be a turd, but I love him anyway.

(Per, trying on Mitch's glasses)

That's all for now.  I know this isn't the longest entry I've ever written, but to be honest, I spent two full hours today studying Japanese verb conjugations, and my brain is pretty fried.

Until next time, then! 

P.S. I know this is a Thanksgiving post, and that it's about two weeks late, but better late than never, right?

1 comment:

David Lapakko said...

No excuses--it's late! Sorry, only half credit this time. Hope it doesn't wreck your GPA.