Monday, February 16, 2009

Some things I like

In the spirit Adam's interesting post titled Things I like...well, honestly, I'm copying him. Thanks, Adam. :D
  • The Japan Times. Thank goodness for the internet, as well. Without these two things, I'd have no idea what's going on in my favorite country. And what kind of International Relations student would I be then?
  • Quoting people. You can really capture the essence of somebody by quoting them at their strangest. Take, for example, Jess's quote from HON 240 today: (quietly) "Is that a penis?"
  • Muslims. They get so much stereotypical criticism, especially from the West. They get props from me for putting up with all of it.
  • The deli-sandwiches at Cooper's Coffee Shop. Most would say they're disgusting, but I happen to have a thing for semi-gross deli-sandwiches. I ate at least one a day in Japan.
  • Films older than the 1980s. I'll watch almost anything made between the 1920s and the 1970s.
  • Pokemon. Back in 5th grade, when the craze grabbed hold of me, I remember my mom saying someday, I wouldn't care about Pokemon anymore. She was wrong. They are damn cute, and the games are often way under-appreciated.
  • LiveJournal icons. I often save them to my computer, with, of course, no idea what I plan on doing with them.
  • My parents. Although, as a now relatively independent person, I can only stand being back in my hometown for a week or so, I've never appreciated my parents as much as I do now. I wouldn't be able to go to Augsburg without their help. And most importantly, I had a nearly seamless transition to college, because they knew to let me figure things out for myself early on in life. They were definitely not helicopter parents.
And now it's time for another nap. I'm still sick with something, and it's been draining all my energy. I'm constantly tired. And if you say it's mono, I won't listen.

4 comments:

Lillian The Great said...

I had that last week, only I think it was partially stress related. For some reason unbeknownst to me, all I wanted to do was sleeeeeeeep!!! I am feeling better now.

Mnemosyne said...

Apparently, my mom feels the same way, so maybe it's a bug going around.

Chue said...

are you referring to the deli sandwiches at the convenes like 7/11, sunkus, family mart, etc? i like them :D, they're cheap. the tuna one is probably my favorite.

Mnemosyne said...

Family Mart sandwiches are the SHIZ.
I had no idea what was exactly in my favorite sandwich, but it had egg and some sort of delicious sauce. :D