Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Read The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, or else you're a bad American

FYI: If you want to read the entire text of The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, go here.
My only warning is that it's 407 pages long and in poli-speak, and I use that term here to refer to over-technical jargon that only members of the political sphere or those educated in such would understand.
That being said, I at least feel a little better having seen the text of the Act with my own eyes. Better in that, even though I don't understand most of what I read, and I really only read about three full pages of the thing, I feel more sure of my support of it.
If you want my opinion, though I don't think it should count for anything, considering my lack of actual knowledge on the issue, I think doing something, rather than nothing, is crucial. So if there are a few earmarks in this bill, then so be it, even though President Obama denies there are any. I really don't care. If 100 million of that 800+ billion is for nonsense, big whoop-di-doo. We can't keep doing the same stuff and expect different results (that is, the economy will just "fix itself"--what a load of crap). We've got to do something. And now we have. Here's to hoping it works.

I got a little more into this entry than I'd planned on, but damn it, this is my blog, and I'll be occasionally opinionated if I so please.

No comments: