Friday, February 27, 2009

luce luce luce luce

Yep, I went out to Luce Wednesday evening--along with Amber Davis and Abby Miller. For those unaware, Pizza Luce is a popular pizza place with just a few locations, and one is only a couple blocks from Augsburg's campus. So, at 5 P.M., we met in the Urn/Mort lobby and trekked over there. It was a good time: we started off with a Caesar salad and finished with a pepperoni, pineapple, and jalapeno pepper pizza (it was Amber's idea, and a good one). Amber and I also ate a few flower petals, just for fun.



The gang

A bizarre picture on the wall

Our (that's me and Mitch) puppy-getting-adventure is one step closer to completion: two days ago, I sent our breeder a deposit--which means this weekend, we're heading to the breeder's ranch to pick out a specific pup. And then, about six weeks from now, we get to TAKE THE PUPPY HOME! O_O

Augsburg closed yesterday! We had a HUGE snow-storm. The wind was incredible, and we got at least six inches of snow (I made that number up, but it's gotta be something like that). Ulysses, one of my pals, told me it took him an hour and a half to get from campus in Minneapolis to his home in St. Paul--an otherwise fifteen minute trip.
It was neat that school was closed, but it also meant that convocation was canceled--and that's bad for me, because it was the only time I could go to any part of this convocation series, and I'm required to write a summary for my Honors science course. What to do?

No comments: