Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kinyoubi! Doyoubi! Nichiyoubi!

Friday night, Mitch, Tony, Brian, and I ate at Old Chicago to celebrate Mitch's internship/employment with MVP Marketing and Design. I ordered nachos, which were in the appetizer section of the menu, and turned out to be a truly massive plate which I didn't even come close to finishing. After dinner, we drove to Tony's (he lives in Eden Prairie) to play Settlers of Catan. I hadn't played before; in fact, I'd vehemently refused to play until then. And, after all that fuss, it turned out to be a fun game. The basic premise is something like this: There is a board which represents an area to be settled. You compete against your pals to gain control of the land, until somebody has accumulated ten "victory points." I didn't win either time through, but I did kick major butt during a few rounds of Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.

Mitch and Brian, after Mitch had finished licking Brian on the cheek (I don't know why)

Part of the Settlers of Catan game-board

The next morning, Mitch had Weekend College ("Augsburg for Adults" is an ageist name) class, and I tutored in the Speakers Lab. I nearly fell asleep at one point. Mornings can do that to you.
After WEC (Weekend College) and work, we drove to Milaca so we could see our parents the remainder of the weekend. On Sunday night, Mom made us a going-back-to-school feast: steak, boiled potatoes, a cucumber dish, salad, and homemade applesauce. Yum!

My family's cat, Ernie, napping on my bed

Maggie, my mom's Miniature Poodle, wearing her big Christmas present--a coat

I wish I could find a screenshot to prove it to you, but...have you seen Little Miss Sunshine? Well in the kinda/sorta beginning of the film, you see a pair of Sesame Street sheets in one of the bedrooms. It's taken me a long time, but I finally took a picture of my childhood sheets--which just so happen to be the Sesame Street sheets in Little Miss Sunshine! Neat.

Next time you watch Little Miss Sunshine, look for these sheets!

No comments: