Wednesday, December 17, 2008

That sexy nutracker, finals

On Saturday, Mitch's mom, Sherie, took me, Grandma Nelson, and his/our cousin Leah to the Orpheum to see the Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker, by the Moscow Ballet. The first half was good, largely due to the fact that I have a major crush on the Nutcracker. Always have. Yes, I know it's weird.

Love it.

The second half was amazing. The Arabian dance was spectacular--the dancers were so talented. At least, as far as the audience could tell.
I realized about a minute into the performance that I don't know anything about ballet, in that I can't tell what good form is. I could, to some extent, tell which dancers were better than others, because of their smoothness, but other than that, I had a tough time differentiating. I do, despite this, have a lot of admiration for ballet now. Thinking back, it was just so beautiful.

Me and Leah, Mitch's/our cousin, at the Orpheum

Mitch and I spent all of Sunday studying for finals. I had two finals Monday: Microeconomics and The Scholar Scientist. Micro went all right, in that I didn't leave the room crying, but I know I didn't get a perfect. I feel content, is all. Scholar Scientist's exam went well--I feel pretty good about that one. It helps my confidence that my professor, Jody Sorensen, already posted our grades, and I got a 4.0.
Don't get your hopes up for me just yet, though. I'm three grades away from knowing my semester cumulative, and I'm 99% positive I'm getting a 3.5 in at least Hon. 200 (the Honors religion course). If I'm right, and I do get a 3.5, it will be the first of my college career.
So, basically, I will be taking a huge step toward accepting non-perfection. Which is a good thing--it means my life consists of more than just homework and work.

I had my third and last final on Tuesday in Argumentation. I feel very good about that final. Professor Lapakko is mailing us our corrected finals--I'll probably get mine sometime early next week. After the final, Mitch and I left Augsburg for Milaca. Usually, it takes us about two hours in rush hour (which now apparently starts at, like, 2 P.M.); Tuesday, it took us until about 6 at night to get home. Traffic crawled along at an average of 35 mph. Ridiculous.

That's all for now. For my exciting escapades at home over the last day, see my next entry, titled, er, something I haven't yet come up with.

2 comments:

AmberDee in Balee said...

Yeah girl!! Finals!! Rock out, can't wait to see you soon!

Kristen Chamberlain said...

My mom, brother, and sister-in-law went to the Nutcracker on Friday night. They also thought it was awesome. I did not go. I went to be at 9:30... on a Friday night... I blame the pregnancy...