Monday, November 3, 2008

1 day 'til change

This weekend was great! Friday, Mitch and I picked up Brian at St. Thomas and then drove home. After we got back to Milaca, Mitch and I went out to Jiggers with his parents--it was his Mom's birthday. Then, they dropped me off at home and Mom and I watched The Tingler, a bad horror film from 1959 starring Vincent Price. We drank tea, ate cupcakes (I made them earlier that day), and ate popcorn. We also watched Frankenthumb, which I haven't seen in ages, so the lines were very funny all over again.

Then, on Saturday, I went to Unclaimed Freight and then the grocery store to stock up on necessities and food. After rushing through the drive-through line (Sam packed my groceries into my trunk), I drove over to the Drive In, where I met Mitch and Brian for lunch. I had a BLT, a root beer, and chive fries (with ranch, of course). Yummmmmmm.

Mom and I were lazy the rest of the 1 1/2 days I had at home. She did take the time to make me butterscotch cookie-things, though, which I'm eating as I type.


Microeconomics is getting pretty interesting. We're using a lot of variables now, so it's a little hard for me (and I'm horrible at graphs), but I feel really good when I do understand it.


The Scholar Scientist (my Honors math course) is moving back to an area of study that I understand. A couple weeks ago, we got into calculus, and I didn't get how to do the work. Sam had to seriously help me out on my homework. But now we're doing some geometry/other shape-type stuff. Today, we talked about symmetry groups.


So here's what I'm doing now: pretending to do homework (I worked on my radio show tonight), but really watching Countdown with Keith Olbermann.


I have an Argumentation exam on Thursday and an Hon. Religion essay due Friday. Don't let me procrastinate!
...Although, it's going to be mighty-hard: tomorrow is ELECTION DAY!

Get out and vote, or I'll beat you up.

No comments: