Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Chaney, Goodman, and Schwerner

Yesterday, after class and tutoring, Mitch and I went to the Quarry. First, we went into Petsmart, and actually bought a few things: a leash, a collar, and a slicker brush. We wanted to get a harness and/or bed, but we decided to wait until we have a better idea of how big our doggy is going to be.

Oh! Before the Quarry, I visited Mary in the Admissions Office. We talked about what we've been doing, how Amber is hanging in Bali, and about Ernie (I <3 my kitty). It was nice catching up with Mary; I miss her.

Today in Religion, we started watching a movie called Mississippi Burning. It's got Gene Hackman and Willem Dafoe in it; they both play FBI agents investigating the disappearance of three civil-rights activists in Mississippi. The men who committed their murders served little jail time.
The Civil Rights Movement is a very interesting topic. It's timelessness is astounding; many parallels can be drawn between it and other civil movements, such as the (according to me) rising gender-rights movement (that includes the whole LGBTQIA community).

It's lunch time now. I'm meeting Mitch in the cafeteria. Wooo, A'viands!...

No comments: