Saturday, October 18, 2008

October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month

Did you know October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month? Neither did I. Which is a stupid thing to admit, all things considered. But now that I know, my backpack proudly wears a purple ribbon.

If you know anybody who you suspect is a victim of domestic violence, or if you are a victim, click on the big purple ribbon to the right, or follow this link. It will take you to a website where you can find help. Nobody deserves to be a victim.

To get a little personal about the whole thing, I'm still terrified by yelling, and that's to say nothing about being physically forced to do something. Mitch is very careful about his emotions when he gets mad, because he understands how I react to anger.

So there you go. From somebody who was born into a house of domestic violence, I urge you to be aware of the issue and help to alleviate this very real, very common problem.

No comments: