Thursday, September 11, 2008

You can see Russia from Alaska

I worked in the Speakers Lab tonight! I did some room organizing (found a place for the magazines, got all the critique sheets together), and then read the last bit of Siddhartha. I liked the book as a whole, but I didn't like how fast the ending was. It seemed like the beginning dragged on, compared to the end. And the ending was so darned good!

I did a cost-benefit analysis of the things I should do this semester and this winter. I compared working as a tour guide, devoting more time to volunteering and my extra-curriculars. I also compared (for the winter) the Washington Center inauguration seminar, working in Admissions on campus, and job-shadowing. I should make a decision soon.

I don't like to ask favours of my readers, but for my sake, will you read some excerpts from Charlie Gibson's interview with Sarah Palin? If any of you are doubting the attacks on her credentials, maybe thinking that she really does have what it takes to be President (and if you absolutely don't think she will, look at the statistics about age and the Presidency), read the interview and tell me she didn't sound clueless about everything Charlie asked her. She didn't give one, good, specific (with concrete, intelligent details) answer.

Make sure to read all four pages (the page links are at the bottom):

Charlie Gibson interviews Sarah Palin

No comments: