Monday, September 8, 2008

Leaving On Red Hill

Today, we had some good discussions in Hon. 200 about Siddhartha. We got a lot of homework for next class, too. Most of it's reading, and it's about pretty interesting stuff, so it won't be horribly painful, at least.

I saw Lily after class. She has Scholar Citizen in the classroom next to my religion class. Anyway, I asked her how the class is going, and she said a lot of things that sounded exactly how I did last year. I'm glad to know Crockett's doing his job of uprooting the first-years.
For anyone unfamiliar with Larry Crockett (shame on you! Read my blog archives), he's a computer science professor here at Augsburg who also teaches The Scholar Citizen, a first-year Honors class. Basically, Crockett tells you "Nothing you think you knew is True."
It's an experience.

The Vikings kicked off their season today with a f-a-i-l-u-r-e against the Packers.
Oh, and Keith Olbermann and Chris Matthews are being demoted as campaign anchors. I'm not sure how I feel about that. On one hand, I understand that not everybody likes how opinionated they are (I do, since I agree with them a lot of the time), but on the other hand, I feel like they're being muted.
Free speech is a tricky thing.

I think I finally have my work schedule figured out. Now I can figure out when I'm going to volunteer (I need to phone bank for Barack!).

No comments: