Thursday, September 25, 2008

Don't lie--if seals were ugly, you wouldn't care

I forgot to tell you that, last week, I ate seal.
Mitch's Norwegian class had some guest speaker people, and they brought seal meat. Apparently, seals are overpopulated in Norway, and so seal-hunting is allowed.
The meat tasted like jerky, but left a weird aftertaste.

So how do you feel about the economy? I just thought I'd throw that out there. You know, since we're in a huge mess and all.
I found this on someecards. I think it speaks for the reality of the situation. At least, the way I see it.




Today at work, Kristen and I talked politics for about a half hour. We discussed things like the economy (duh), and of course, the ridiculousness that is still Sarah Palin (she hasn't gone away yet). I also watched the Twilight Princess ending, to refresh myself on the sequence of things. And because I wanted to see the nasty bit where [SPOILER ALERT] Zant breaks his own neck.

I finished reading The Good Book: Reading the Bible with Mind and Heart (or, at least what was assigned). I liked some of it, especially the chapter about homosexuality, but the last couple chapters I read, about suffering and evil, weren't supported by very concrete evidence.
A "paper" of sorts is due next Wednesday on a topic (of our choice) from The Good Book. Naturally, I'm picking the chapter about homosexuality.
Oh, did I tell you? I joined the HRC, the Human Rights Campaign, a pro-LGBT organization. Er, lobbyist group. Hoorah for activism!

No comments: