Sunday, September 14, 2008

Check out my bald-faced lies

It's my last day at home for another couple weeks at least. Mitch and I have to leave at least by three, since I have the Honors banquet at six. Mmm, catered A'viands.

Ernie slept with me last night! I put his bed right up by my head, and he slept there all night (save a few stints to the litter box and the food bowl).

Mom beat Wind Waker for the second time last night. Annnddd, I made her do it all without the guide. We figured it out all by ourselves. That's how I played Twilight Princess. I remember checking the guide about two times. The rest of the game was played by my honed Zelda-intuition.

I woke up a little bit ago, and figured that it might be smart to catch up on news before I head back to Augsburg. After all, Mitch and I will need something to talk about in the truck (when I'm not sleeping). Anyway, I found this in an article on MSNBC's website:

"McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said this to the Politico about the increased media scrutiny of the campaign's factual claims: 'We’re running a campaign to win. And we’re not too concerned about what the media filter tries to say about it.'"
--MSNBC's "Wheels come off Straight Talk Express?"

I really hope the media picks up on this, brings it out into the open, and that Barack brings it up during the debate on September 26. The McCain campaign should be ashamed of themselves. Moreover, the American people should be ashamed of themselves. It is not within my ability to understand how people can still be with the McCain campaign! They have admitted to lying to you! You think they'll stop if they win the election? Wake up!

Here's something else: Not that I think celebrities should hold any persuasion power, but I thought Matt Damon really summed up how I really feel about Sarah Palin:





I cited:
Murray, Mark. "Wheels come off Straight Talk Express?" msnbc.com: First Read. 13 Sept. 2008. MSNBC. 14 Sept. 2008 .

2 comments:

David Lapakko said...

Thanks for the Damon sound bite! And for your sensibility! (What is a "bald-faced" lie, anyway? What does that term mean? I use it but don't really know. But I guess I can't tell one because I don't have a bald face!)

David Lapakko said...

Thanks for the Damon sound bite! And thanks for your sensibility! (What is a "bald-faced" lie, anyway? I use the term but don't really know where it comes from. But, I guess I can't tell one because I don't have a bald face!)