Friday, July 18, 2008

San

Mitch is the D.J. for Charles' sister's wedding tonight. I am so proud of him, with his internship, and his company.

Today is the last full day of SOAR. Before Wes and I left the showcase session, a few film student hopefuls showed up and requested information. One was an Honors Program student and a Fine Arts scholar. He seemed like he'll fit in well with Wes, and that he has a good head. I can't wait to meet the full new batch of Honors students!
I also saw Sara today. Remember her? She was the girl I hosted overnight earlier last school year. She stopped by the Comm. Studies table since she's interested in mass comm. (like Beau) and journalism. I made sure to steer her toward the English table as well, as they have a more journalistic-centered program than we do.

Mary, Annika, and Amber ordered pizza from Galactic Pizza today. Apparently, Galactic uses a lot of locally grown and/or safely grown food, they drive an electric car for deliveries, and they also get all their energy from wind power. Mary's pizza had free-range buffalo meat, and Amber and Annika's had organic goat cheese, among other things. I didn't have any, as I'd run out of cash, and had Mom's homemade chili waiting for me in the freezer, but I intend to eat at Galactic at some point, given its ethical business style (which is neat on both intellectual and business-strategy levels).

Carrie and I met with some people from Marketing and Communications and IT to discuss our plans for Homemade in the coming year. We got some good ideas, and I can't wait to get them started. Most of them, sadly, will have to wait until I get back. I leave in four days!

P.S. Lolcats!
Humorous Pictures
more cat pictures

No comments: