Monday, June 23, 2008

Emotion in Motion

Today was the first of five Minnesota Private College Week days. I gave nonstop mini-tours; although, I did get a two-hour lunch break, so I went upstairs for a bit of barbecue beef, then went back downstairs to play ping-pong with my fellow Admissions peeps.

Mitch, Brian, Megan, and I went to the Roseville parade tonight and watched the Milaca band go through the judges stand. My critique: the footwork is a bit ambitious, although many elements of the show looked highly familiar (almost as if bits of last year's show were re-used). I enjoyed the music to a point, having a pre-conceived idea of what the music should sound like (We played it in symphonic band two years ago). I give Caitlin huge props on her nice conducting and movement form. She has always been a standout marcher, and it shows through in the way she holds herself as a drum major.
After Milaca's performance in the judges stand, we followed them to the end of the route and chatted it up with Nelson for about a half hour. Before we left, we made sure to say hi to Dean and Donna, too. It was nice to hear how things have been going. Not much has changed in their personal lives, as far as they let on, but there were plenty of other developments on which to gorge.

After the parade, we went to Buffalo Wild Wings. It was my first time there, and it failed to impress me. The crispy fish sandwich I had was incredibly mediocre, although I'll admit the iced tea was all right.

2 comments:

Alan said...

Thank goodness, I thought everyone in the world was in the love with that restaurant.

Lily said...

I MISS MARCHING BAND!!!

I like Buffalo Wild Wings, but I'm not in love with it.

... Marching band...