Sunday, June 8, 2008

Bei Jing Huan Ying Ni

Pom Poko sucks.
At least, the English dub does. I didn't watch the Japanese version, so it could have been better. But seriously? The acting sucked, the dialogue sucked, and the story seemed to go around in circles. I didn't even finish it; I couldn't. I'm shipping it back to Netflix tomorrow.

Mitch watched the whole third season of Weeds today. I sat in the bedroom and watched the first three and a half episodes of Azumanga Daioh (the silly website kicked me off). I also listened to the Best of the Yoshida Brothers. I worked on a scholarship for a while (it's almost done! Hoorah), ate a ton of food (three bowls of cereal included), and played lots of Mario Kart (I got two more stars; only two more to go!).

I wanted to play Mario Kart online, like usual, but it was a no go. Cory, Mom and Tyler were all playing online, but I couldn't join them. Mitch's PS3 worked online (he played Grand Theft Auto 4 with other people)...stupid Wii/wireless router.

I'm starting to get really excited for Japan. I talked with a CIEE alum on Facebook about the finer points of the trip, and there's something about knowing details that encourages excitement.
She said on their country visit (which is part of the orientation), they stayed at a ryokan (a Japanese inn). I can't wait to take a bath (have you seen how awesome Japanese baths are?).

I use a ridiculous number of parentheses.

How do you feel about the 2008 Beijing Olympics? Does your stance on the issue have more to do with human rights or economy?

No comments: