Thursday, May 15, 2008

Steamboat Nillie and the Aging River

I read more of The Age of Terror. One of the essays mentions Islamofascism, which was apparently coined by this one person who wrote this other essay that we read in Scholar Citizen.
Nice sentence structure, eh?

I'm not sure how I forgot to mention this in my last blog, but O.M.G (yeah, I said it, what are you going to do about it?), John Edwards endorsed Barack. I waited for him to come on stage at their rally in Michigan, but after about a half hour, I decided to run quickly over to the fitness center and watch it from the ellipticals. Just as I was heading out the door, John started talking (that sneaky weasel). I saw most of the speech, though, as my jaunt across the park and into the basement of Kennedy Center took almost no time at all. I probably looked hilarious, bouncing up and down to the rhythm of the machine and smiling, laughing, and cheering audibly all to myself. I was (and am) that excited.

I got my new phone today! It took a whole hour to activate it (thanks to cheap, global labor and strong accents; although, I do feel bad for people who get yelled at over the phone...), and then I had to wait two hours before I could use it. It's pretty neat: it's pink, as I mentioned in my previous entry, which will make me happy (I could have been professional and got black, but I intend to be the anti-status quo professional. Rule with an iron DS stylus?...). No, the future of business does not lie in any sort of iron rule. Rather, a throw-out of the 19th and 20th century practices, and an adoption of the new, much more democratic and creative styles.
Anyway, about my phone: I took for granted having Tetris on my old machine (my new phone one only has a demo), but I did download a brand spankin' new ring tone: The Wings, which is the theme from Brokeback Mountain. I got a remixed version: it's pretty tight.

I love colons!

I gave my final test/practice tour for Devon today. I can't wait to give my first "real" tour to somebody that's actually looking at Augsburg as a choice for college. Eep!

Mitch woke me up at 7 A.M. this morning. I hurt my hand leaping out bed (I sliced it on a corner of the wall; now, there's a big chuck of skin missing from my knuckle), so I was crabby with him on the phone, but he called me later and we talked more, so I apologized. :)

I want to read Fortune (my first Fortune 500 issue!) now.

Oh wait--before I say "Oyasumi nasai," I want to say this: CURSE YOU, ANDY BERNARD!

No comments: