Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Toxic boxes

I chopped my hair! Now, at its lowest, my hair extends to my chin. Hooray for short hair! It means less hassle. Kirsten said she'd send it in to Locks for Love even though it was about two inches less than what they ask for.

I went to Unclaimed Freight before my haircut to see if there were any neat, cheap things to buy. I got a scrapbook for $4 (they're usually $12-15!), glass cleaner for $1, and photo paper for $2. The photo paper isn't incredibly high quality, but it's not for framing pictures: it's for scrapbooking, so it' doesn't need to be print quality.
Mom had me go to Supervalu and get milk and bread, so I did that, but I also picked up pomade for my hair to make it look chunky.

When I got back, Mom made me chipped beef on toast for lunch, and after that, we played Perfect Dark. We did co-op again, this time in Pelagic II. We were almost done with the level when we found a helipad: "Hey, I bet that's where we need to go!" So we went onto it, and all of a sudden, two bad guys ran out of the door we just went through. They chased and tried to hit us, so I unloaded a few CMP150 rounds into them...but they wouldn't die! They were invincible! We booked it out of the helipad and tried to find Elvis, who we had to rendezvous with to complete the level, but after about two or three minutes of running, I aborted the mission. I got the guide out of the cupboard and flipped to the Pelagic II pages, but there was no mention of a helipad, much less two invincible bad guys! It was all incredibly strange.

Mom and I watched Elizabeth after we played Perfect Dark. I'm pleased with my choice, and now I can't wait to see Elizabeth: The Golden Age. Cate Blanchett is fantastic.

I read one of the three copies of Fortune I've received since I left last time. The main article was about Steve Jobs and Apple (which is Fortune's #1 Most Admired American Company). They also did a list of Fortune's most admired global companies, but I was very disappointed with their choices: most of the companies were American. While the United States has some very large advantages in business, I do not believe there is any way it holds seven or eight out of ten or whatever of the world's best business.

Oh yeah!: on the way to my haircut, I drove by Carl's house and saw Scot (I think) Bleichner standing outside. I wanted to stop and say hi, but I was almost late for my appointment.

I can't wait to move off campus in a year. There are, of course, many advantages to living on campus--having easy access to meetings, and being able to go home in a matter of minutes--but once Mitch and I move off campus, everything will feel so much more neat and real.

No comments: